Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Vehicle Trouble

When it rains, it pours!

We're set to move to a new house at the end of this week, and my truck gets a flat tire last Friday on my way out of town. I had to have it towed because of where the truck was; it was right on the freeway where I could get killed by cars going 60 mph. I had to wait 45 minutes, but the tow truck finally got there and towed my truck to a shop. They price out the tires that I want and started to pull the bad tire off, and they call me over to look at something. It turns out that the force of my truck going 60 mph and the rim hitting the concrete split the rim! Not only that but the bracket that holds the brake caliper was gone; the caliper was there, just not the bracket. I ended up having to find a bracket at a salvage yard to keep from having to pay quadruple for the part at a dealer.

Since I was headed to College Station where Christy was staying with her parents, Christy and her dad drove half-way (to West, TX - The Czech Stop!!!), and Christy's sister Angie and her husband Jeremy picked me up and drove to West so that I could go on to College Station.

No comments: